Thank you again for visiting my website. It would seem I am nearly done all of the steps required to open my print shop. If things go well, it may actually be possible for me to put my prints up earlier than planned. Here’s a little breakdown of what I have done so far, and I what I still need to do.
1) Set up credit card payments and do a test run of the payment system - done
2) Select my first run of prints and prepare them for the shop - done
3) Acquire everything needed for safe shipping - 95% done (just waiting on protective plastic sleeves)
4) Do test prints - Files have been sent to the shop, I will pick them up, next Tuesday (hopefully)
5) Set up PayPal payments - working on it, PayPal in Japan is such a pain. (To be honest, this one is optional)
6) Do mailing test to check to ensure prints can be delivered safely - Will do it, next week.
After I complete 4 and 6. I’ll officially be able to get things up and running. With luck, I’ll be able to do 5 by then, but PayPal’s confirmation process moves frustratingly slowly.
I know it may not seem like a lot of things to do. But setting up this shop and preparing materials for shipping has easily been the most stressful thing I’ve ever done here in Japan. Just finding protective plastic sleeves proved to be quite a challenge. On top of that, I do have a full time job, and I try my best to help around the house, and with my daughter, so I have rather limited time, as I’m trying my best to keep everything balanced.
With luck, I will be able to post another update, next week celebrating the opening of my print shop.
Thank you again for reading